I started going through the drafts of entries I have (which is alarmingly long) and determined I wanted to at least clean out some of the unfinished snippets. I’ve found myself burning out on the internet in recent months. Specifically the whole i-porn thing has just reached the point where it seems pointless. A lot of guys I know look at i-porn, they talk about it with other guys but not their spouses or girlfriends. Men really never grow tired of looking and while I haven’t tired of looking at women I certainly have tired of doing it online.
Anyway, the guys I’m talking about are peers. These are people in their 30s, 40s and 50s. Thing is there is a whole generation out there of people who are growing up with this. I read this article back in 2003 and was going to post a link to it. It’s still an interesting read and I don’t think it’s lost its relevance:
Every once in awhile, there‘s a reminder to me of how dramatically different it is to grow up today...
Like many other guys his age, Rick, who has never rented an X-rated video and considers strip clubs “a little gross,” discovered Internet porn in high school, and he’ll tell you about it with all the whimsy of a high-school football star waxing nostalgic about his early years on the JV squad. “I remember it clear as day. It just dawned on me: I can type in Pamela Anderson, and naked pictures of her will come up from Playboy!”
No comments:
Post a Comment